Hello

I decided to use my active birth control pills continuously and stopped taking the placebo pills. One week into doing so I had my prescription switched to a pill with a slightly higher level of progestin.
Ever since I switched pills, about three weeks ago, I have been spotting continuously. At first it was just enough to show up on toilet paper but for the past two weeks I've been using "light" tampons because it's just too uncomfortable and messy to go without. It's been a mix of old and new blood.
My question is, should I just stick it out for a few months? How long should I let this go on before I talk to my doctor about a different prescription? Is there anything I can do, diet/lifestyle-wise, that will help?

I am determined to keep using the pill continuously due to bad cramps and heavy periods, so please don't suggest I stop.