Do I continue my methotrexate 15 mg once week before and through hernia surgury?

suzanne66 24 Jul 2012

It is important your surgeon knows about any medication you are taking. He/she will make a decision for you.

HeadStarter 26 Jul 2012

I don't see why not as I was on methotrexate when I had my lumbar surgery. And, as already mentioned, your surgeon needs to know all of the meds you are taking and the dosing instructions. You will probably get asked those questions a LOT before your surgery. Remember to take a list of your meds with you to your pre-op and a list of your prior surgeries. I always forgot to take the lists with me and it was such a headache to remember everything. I've had a lot of surgeries and been on way too much medication to try and keep it in my head.

Best of luck to you and hope you have a smooth recovery!

Mary

bayoumah 26 Jul 2012

hi thank you both for writeing in on my question i think ill not take it the week before and the week after hernia surgury only because something tells me too my pre-o pt didnt seem to concerned about it but ill do as i said for only those 2 weeks thank yall again for being concerned