Concerned about taking plaquenil and vicodin while taking this product?

christineATU 9 Apr 2010

Please call your doctor or pharmacist to make sure there are no bad interactions. From what I read, it is a drug used for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, malaria. It takes several weeks for this medication to take affect. As you know, vicodin is a fast release pain killer. If these medications are from the same doctor, he may be prescribing the plaquenil for longer lasting pain control (especially in the joints) due to swelling. The most important part I read about this medication is that it is fatal if ingested by a child. Please be sure no child could accidentally get to this medication.

If you give me more details about your condition, I may be able to help you more. Is it for Lupus? R/A? Please be careful and double check with your doctor. I wish you well and hope you aren't in terrible pain.

Chris