What are some of the common side effects of neurotin?

kaismama 21 Jan 2013

Here you go-•
increased seizures;

fever, swollen glands, body aches, flu symptoms;

skin rash, easy bruising or bleeding, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;

upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, feeling short of breath;

confusion, nausea and vomiting, swelling, rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual or not at all;

new or worsening cough, fever, trouble breathing; or

rapid back and forth movement of your eyes.

Some side effects are more likely in children taking gabapentin. Contact your doctor if the child taking this medication has any of the following side effects:

changes in behavior;

memory problems;

trouble concentrating; or

acting restless, hostile, or aggressive.

Less serious side effects of gabapentin may include:

dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, tired feeling;

nausea, diarrhea, constipation;

blurred vision;

headache;

breast swelling;

dry mouth; or

loss of balance or coordination.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your

Fragilexmom 21 Jan 2013

To add to the symptoms a elavated blood sugars. I have Diabetes II also.

kaismama 21 Jan 2013

Now that's a new one for me, thanks for the info. I know those new generation anti psychotics really send it flying up.

meyati 22 Jan 2013

You have seizures if you suddenly stop taking Neurontin. I'm prone to seizures and didn't have any problems. I took massive doses several times. I have nerve damage that causes a type of Dystrophy. I had trauma to my nerve area and the severe pain came back. I was able to get over it and stop taking neurontin. I sort of felt like I was floating whenever I upped the dose, and I began lose feeling in my finger tips, so I backed off slowly. Neurontin slows down neural synapses, when you go off neurontin, the neural synapses speeds up. The synapses can get out of control and and cause Gran Mal seizures. If it's for pain- I recommend it.