What are the most common dosages used for Amour Thyroid?

chuck1957 19 Aug 2017

Catwood the only true way to get this is with blood test from the doctor. most common are from 1/4 gr to 1 gr every day. give your doctor a call and see

Inactive 19 Aug 2017

Hi Catwoods: As Chuck said, you have to get a blood workup ordered by your doctor, to check your TSH, free T3, free T4, (usually). Depending on your numbers, your doctor will determine how much thyroid hormone you will need to take to keep normal levels. It changes often so the doctor will usually do blood work every 3 months at first until you get within normal range. Hypothyroidism is ongoing, hormones fluctuate, so the doctor has to continue to monitor your levels and adjust your dose accordingly. I take Nature-Throid, which is very similar to Armour Thyroid. I am taking 1 1/4 Grains (81.25 mgs) currently, but that is just me. I fluctuate, and not too long ago I was taking 1 1/2 Grains (97.50mgs). The doctor will determine your dose and keep it monitored regularly. You will usually be started at a low dose and titrated up in increments so that your body can adjust to it without any complications. Hope it all works out for you!