Colchicine - Does it help with the mouth and genital sores?

kaismama 2 Apr 2014

It is used to treat it, so I would have to think it helped with the ulcers.

kaismama 3 Apr 2014

I did a little more research and found that it helps the genital ulcers.

Sarahsmom07 2 May 2015

My 7 year old daughter has a severe case of this condition. She uses clocrys in conjunction with humira and celebrex. She has had amazing results and a MAJOR decrease in "outbreaks"!

Hi,
Ive been taking Colchicine for about 8 years now and they not only help tremendously with the whole nasty ulcer situation, but as they are originally prescribed for 'Gout', I find it helps with my joint pain. The side effects to begin with are a bit yucky, I felt nauseous for a few weeks, but once you get past that it works great.
I'm under a professor in London and she had a great tip to hello with the symptoms of genial sores: soak a cotton wool pad with mouthwash, yes, mouthwash and hold it against the affected area for five mins or so (I actually left it there and wore a pad in my underwear). No need to rinse. Mouthwash helps with inflammation and pain.
I hope this had helped & take care xx