I took co-codemol for back pain and have just discovered I am 3 months pregnant ..is this harmful?

kaismama 3 Jul 2013

If you aren't taking it on a regular basis, you should be ok, but be sure to tell your obstetrician that you took it before you knew you were pregnant. Many women do things before they know they're pregnant that wouldn't have done otherwise, and most babies do ok.

DzooBaby 3 Jul 2013

I was on Vicodin early in my second pregnancy before I knew I was pregnant and my baby was fine. Like KM says, be sure to let your Dr know. If you still need the medication, ask if it is ok to take it. If he says no then dont take anymore. It is most dangerous when taken for long periods of time close to delivery because your baby can be born dependent and may have withdrawals. If you can stand it, it is best not to take anything when you are pregnant. Some medications can be used under the supervision of your OB so be sure to discuss it with him/her. Congratulations on your coming little one!