When can I have a cocktail while taking azithromycin?

kaismama 16 Nov 2012

Seriously, if your stomach responds to it the way most peoples do, you don't want to put anything else in it. There is nothing contraindication alcohol with it.

Anonymous 16 Nov 2012

My personal opinion is that if you are on any type of medication one should avoid alcohol.

I have provided you with information regarding your question, now the rest is up to you, we are all grown ups, and I can not go against what I believe in.

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

azithromycin interacts with more than 200 other drugs.
Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol) interacts with more than 400 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

_____

What should I avoid while taking azithromycin?

kaismama 16 Nov 2012

I totally agree with you on that one, I can't see the need for it at all. The others probably think we're crazy, lol.

Anonymous 16 Nov 2012

Yes, but hey we are people of srong beliefs, and that is admirable to me. If the other members do not understand that, well, there is not much to say.lol

Anonymous 16 Nov 2012

typo: strong

happybrandee 17 Nov 2012

Honestly, you should avoid alcohol while on any medication because you never know what the reaction could be. And honestly, if you can't go without a cocktail during a course of medication then you have bigger problems than what you are taking the medication for. sorry, but it's the truth.