Citalopram - I stopped taking it and when I resumed it isn't working as well?

Peggo 30 Dec 2017

Hi Wishes and Dreams. Sorry to hear that. How long had you
stopped for? And how long have you been taking it again for ?

Wishes and Dreams 31 Dec 2017

Hi Peggo,

Thank you for your reply and concern. Funny thing... today I feel just FINE! Hopefully, I have turned the corner and just needed to give it a little more time? To answer your question, I am not sure how long I have been on it. It's at least 6 years, and I think it is really more like 10. I had been doing so well for so long, I thought I didn't need it anymore. So, I weaned off it. I took it every other day for a few weeks, then a few times a week, then not at all, starting around November 3. I stayed off it for a few weeks, realized it was a mistake and started back on it. I guess that was November 20ish. I have learned my lesson. I will never stop taking it again. I'm 68 years old and, hopefully, will now continue doing very well with my 20 mg. a day.

Thank you again.

Marian

Peggo 31 Dec 2017

Hi Wishes , That’s so good to hear that you’re feeling good now

Peggo 31 Dec 2017

Sorry , wrote you a longer message but don’t know where it’s gone