I just started taking 5 mg of Citalopram and the first day I felt almost no side effects. The second day of the medication my speech suddenly started slurring and I got a weird tension, anxiety and a mild fever. I started shaking uncontrollably and my whole body would get tense. Then I started getting bad muscle twitches. My hands waved in different directions, my neck and back suddenly tilted back and forward and my whole body twisted uncontrollably. The twitches lasted to the next day and I had to take a downer to be able to sleep even a few hours. I also felt a bit funny for a while and I had this urge to stroke my curtains and different items and I wanted to stare at breadcrumbs on the breadboard in fascination.

I read online that people have got some light muscle twitches but this was not light... Are these normal side effects? How can you even go to work or any public place if the side effects are like at the beginning? I for sure wouldn't been able to even go to the grocery store because I was acting so weird. I'm very sensitive to drugs and I can feel strongly very mild doses that others don't even feel at all. I have experienced similar things when I would take huge doses of ecstasy but at the time I hadn't taken anything else.