Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Does seasonal allergys affect cold?

suzanne66 30 Apr 2012

Yes definitely. Seasonal allergy symptoms are often confused with cold symptoms because they are similar. Typical allergy symptoms often confused as a cold include sneezing, running nose and watery eyes.

Anonymous 1 May 2012

And seasonal allergies can also cause your COPD to be worse, if you are having more difficult right now, this has been a banner season for pollen and your lung dr may need to see you and possibly give you a medicine that also treats seasonal allergies and COPD. Singular helps with both, so, if you are having a much harder time breathing, call yournlung dr. Patti

dandykay 1 May 2012

Thank you for your response, I was thinking that the pollen was making it difficult for me to breathe, it does feel just like it did when I caught a bad cold last november, but it's just my sinus that is affected.

Anonymous 1 May 2012

Hello dandykay. I have severe COPD. The seasons per say do not effect my breathing. Regards, pledge