How much cheratussin ac 100-10mg/5ml syrp can I give my six year old son who weighs 40 pounds?

kaismama 30 Oct 2012

I suggest you ask his doc, as it has codeine in it and because cough syrup can be a problem in young children.

DzooBaby 31 Oct 2012

I agree, there have been problems with kids getting poisoned by codeine. Some people cant metabolize it and with children toxicity happens a lot quicker.

DzooBaby 31 Oct 2012

If you cannot reach his pediatrician tonight and you need to give him something, it would be better to give him plain Robitussin over the counter cough syrup. Plain Robitussin always worked quite well for my kids. I never gave them any with codeine.

Anonymous 31 Oct 2012

Hello megrene. Not recommended to give this drug to children (usually given eight years and older) unless directed by a doctor. Regards pledge