Is there a cheaper, better alternative to oxycontin ?

Kaycee56 10 Feb 2015

Have you asked your doctor what he/she would recommend. What is "better" for one person might not be for the next. I really don't think that is a question that can be answered here and should be discussed with your doctor.

Gwhiz 10 Feb 2015

I did and she stated the only alternatives were IR which she will not prescribe, Following 3 mos.of 10/325 Endo 2x/day_Liver Issues. She is willing to double my dose _ONE 10 mg er/ day to 2 a day, 12 hours apart. Only wants me to take Ibuprofen or Aleve for breakthrough pain. Two weeks now and they do help, about 75% relief, which is pretty dang good for me.
My biggest concern is the cost as I don't have insurance and pay cash for all medical exp. Oxycontin ER is not cheap. Guess there's no generic ER ??

balbanese 10 Feb 2015

MS Contin