Can I take Chantix while taking Effexor XR?

masso 3 Mar 2015

Interactions between your selected drugs
No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with
Chantix (varenicline) interacts with 6 other drugs.
Effexor XR (venlafaxine) interacts with more than 500 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

Source:
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2291-2422,2296-1523

balbanese 3 Mar 2015

This is a question for the Dr prescribing the Effexor. Interactions vary from one person to the next, what someone online says is okay may not be for you, and the opposite is true. The Dr who knows you best has the right answer for you.

masso 3 Mar 2015

Well put.

kaismama 3 Mar 2015

I was always hesitant about it. I was on effexor, but that wasn't the reason. One of the side effects of chantix is depression. Since I spent too much time in my life depressed I wasn't about to risk it. I switched to bupropion and that helped me to quit.