I am 33 years old and was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism in November 2014. My thyroid levels had gradually been increasing over a period of 5 years ( one percent every year),and had reached 9.1. Because I don't have any children and it was something I was considering the doctor and I decided that I should take medicine, have a blood test and take it from there. So for November and December 2014, I started taking 50mg of levothyroxine. My subsequent blood test revealed that my thyroid had gone back, bang into the middle of its normal range, meaning a 3. This was good news and I was happy. whilst I was waiting for my blood test results I stopped taking the medication for the first two weeks of jan 15. After speaking to my doctor he advised that I should carry on with 50mg until my next blood test.
I feel that now that I know 50mg works, and after the realisation has hit that these tablets are for life I want to see if 25mg would also work. I have noticed some side effects in the past week like shortness of breath and great hunger which I did not experience the first time round.
All in all I don't want to regret not having tried a smaller dosage when my body is still getting used to it.
Is this a good idea, please help.