Is there any chance of survival in the last stage of liver cancer?

Emeraldgirl 9 Oct 2013

Hello Saqibashraf
I am sorry that you feel the need to ask this sad and what must be a difficult question for you to post. You have my sympathy.
I live in the UK so end stage cancer of the liver is at Stage D. At this stage the treatment regime changes from trying to treat the cancer with drugs to Palliative care. Palliative care means that the focus of the patients care is now to ensure that the patient is not in any pain and is as comfortable as possible. The doctors and nurses looking after the patient can explain this to you. If this is the case then there unfortunately is no chance of surviving, but the patient can die with dignity.

kaismama 9 Oct 2013

My bf died from cancer in the liver, spread from his colon. Once you're in the end stage, the focus changes to the comfort of the patient and family. Talk to your dr about hospice. They can be an important help at this time.

Emeraldgirl 9 Oct 2013

Hello Kaismama
Good advice. Liver cancer is often secondary to a primary of bowel cancer.
Take care