CellCept - Why nobody is answering the questions?

Anonymous 23 Oct 2010

hello,

Can you please be more specific , so we can help you?

Do you wish to know its uses side effects, etc.-

Take care.-

Adina2 25 Oct 2010

I wanted to know if the Cellcept has the same efficacy after an interruption of 6-7 month that resulted in a big relapse.

Thanks!

Anonymous 25 Oct 2010

Patients who achieved remission and discontinued treatment were examined every month for 6 months for signs of relapse. At each follow-up visit clinical status, blood pressure, serum creatinine, 24 h CrC, electrolytes, lipids, liver function, glycaemia and 24 h urinary protein excretion were recorded. The total plasma levels of MPA, the active metabolite of MMF, were measured at 12 h post-dosing (trough) in 52 patients by the EMIT MPA assay using a COBAS MIRA PLUS analyzer (Roche Laboratories). MPA levels were only determined in a sample of 52 patients, as not all participating centres were able to perform this measurement.

I hope I have been of help.-

All the best.-

Take care.-

Adina2 25 Oct 2010

Thanks for your answer!
Unfortunately this answer it didn't address my main concern that was if the Cellcept will indues remission again after I had the relapse.
I started to to take the Cellcept again 6 month ago but I still don't feel any improvement of my symptoms yet.

Anonymous 25 Oct 2010

No need to thank me.

I am so very sorry I could not be of help.-

Take care and all the best to you.-

christineATU 23 Oct 2010

Basic information on CellCept:

Preventing organ rejection following kidney, liver, or heart transplants. CellCept is used in combination with other medicines. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

CellCept is an immunosuppressant. It works by decreasing the activity of certain cells that make up part of the immune system to help reduce the risk of organ transplant rejection.

Do NOT use CellCept if:

*you are allergic to any ingredient in CellCept or to mycophenolic acid

*you are taking azathioprine, cholestyramine, colestipol, or another medicine that contains mycophenolate or mycophenolic acid

*you are taking norfloxacin and metronidazole together

*you have a rare hereditary deficiency of hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyl-transferase (HGPRT), such as Lesch-Nyhan syndrome or Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome

Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/cdi/cellcept.html#ixzz13Cy4BpLf

As Maso indicated, if you need specific information, please add some more details to your question.

Best wishes to you,
chris

Springer10 24 Oct 2010

Very good information, chris!

christineATU 24 Oct 2010

Thanks Springer, I just looked up the info, Maso's the one who really knows his meds and conditions. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! You too Maso!
chris

Springer10 25 Oct 2010

Believe me, I know, Andres has the best info on meds but you did a good thing to include the drug info just in case. It's just a compliment and I make a point to compliment Andres any chance I get. He's the best.

Anonymous 25 Oct 2010

Chris you have really outdone yourself!!!

Thank you Springer, you are very kind.-

Andres.-

Springer10 25 Oct 2010

It's still the truth. No one does what you do. Not a put down for ayone else as we can't all be superhuman ;)