I am celiac. Recently diagnosed lactose intolerant. Is there a gluten free med for lactose intolera?

Marvell 1 May 2013

Since different manufacturers use different ingredients/excipients when making pills, it is difficult to say. If you know which medicine/tablet you wish to take then please call the manufacturer to confirm, and they should be able to give you the correct information.

leviad123 26 May 2013

When my son was diagnosed with celiac disease, 5 years ago, he was also very sensitive to lactose. At that time Lactaid (over the counter drug) was gluten-free. You may want to consult your pharmacist to make sure the ingredients have not changed. There may also be an 800 number on the box to call. Many times my CVS pharmacist has called for me to get the information on a drug, either over the counter company or pharmaceutical manufacturer, to check if ingredients are GF or if the equipment it's made on is shared with other non-GF products. My best advice is make friends with your pharmacist and check every label twice, then have someone else double check you if you can. It is rigorous at first, but it does get easier. Good luck!