Cefuroxime - Is ceftin 500mg recommended for uti?

chuck1957 23 Oct 2017

Chris; yes here is a copy and paste of things to look for but Ceftin is often used for UTI's and very important that you take it until it is gone. Here is the paste of stuff you should read. Ceftin can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are taking birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime. Make sure you catch the part about birth control to use a backup and in the other list that I could not copy it shows this for UTI and other bacteria infections. Sorry that I have to use caps for typing I have a lot of chemotherapy damage to my eyes so please don't think I am yelling at you. Chuck1957

is it safe to give human medicine to pets? Slideshow
is it safe to give human medicine to pets? Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Ceftin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.

Stephen Treloar 24 Oct 2017

Hi Chris, yes Cefuroxime is a suitable antibiotic.

"Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections:
Cefuroxime Axetil tablets are indicated for the treatment of adult patients and pediatric patients (aged 13 and older) with uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae." Source drugs.com

chuck1957 24 Oct 2017

Great job Stephen; I answered this already but all day they have been holding my post and putting them in pending. I also wanted this person Chris to use caution this is one of the antibiotic that causes your birth control pills to be less effective so if you are using them please use a back up to while you're taking this antibiotic. Chuck1957

Stephen Treloar 24 Oct 2017

My bad, I opened a few questions so when I answered I did not know you already had. Its a bit embarrassing really. :-(