I was coloring my hair and attempted to remove some dye from my hair. I used a regular bar of soap to wash and rinse my face. It was not very affective. I took my facewash and just washed and rinsed my whole face. When the dye still didnt come off I tried to wipe it off using nail polish remover and it burned pretty bad. I was just wondering if the alcohol in the nail polish remover could have reacted with my face wash to cause a chemical burn. Or perhaps it had to do with the hair color? The hair dye is called Splat and it contains water, sodium acryloldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Benzoyl alcohol, Glycerin, xanthan gum, dyhydroacedic acid, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, disodium EDTA. Then it says fragrance may contain: acid red 52, acid orange 7 ... etc. The face wash is Clean&Clear. It says "deep action exfoliating scrub". The ingredients are: water, methyl gluceth-20, lauryl glucoside, polyethylene, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, sodium laureth sulfate, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dimethicone PEG-8, meadowfoamate, fragrance, microcrystalline wax, methylparaben, sodium hydroxide, menthol, ploythylene, DMDM hydrotonin, panethal, disodium EDTA, polyquarternium-7, citric acid, sodium benzotriazolyl butyphenol sulfonate, blue 1, yellow 5, red 30, talc, and ultramarines. The nail polish remover is non-acetone and contains: ethyl acetate, alcohol, water, propylene carbonate, dymethyl gluctarate, dimethyl succinate, dimethyl adipate, glycerin, gelatin, fragrance, isopropyl alcohol, propyl acetate, benzophenome-1, castor oil, denatonium benzoate, D&C red No. 17, and D&C yellow No. 11. What caused the burn? How bad is this burn and is there anything I can do, or just let it heal itself? Anything I should avoid using on my face until it heals?