I've been on carbamazepine for a week when will I start to feel a differents in my moods?

balbanese 5 Mar 2015

These meds are designed to "help" the (hopefully several), ongoing non-medication helps you are involved with. That said, a good 2-3 week adjustment is not uncommon, for some folks it can be 4-6 weeks.
A common error is to up the dosage during this adjustment period, not a good thing to do, as 1., the dose change resets the adjustment period to day 1, 2., not having a solid awareness of how the initial dosage worked for us, we further plunge ourselves into the unknown by upping the dosage and/or adding other meds to it.
Hang in there, be patient and be sure you are continuing to engage in the many non med endeavors to help you cope.