Can one capsule of tetramycine harm the baby? I am 26 weeks pregnant and I took onecapsule accident?

Stephen Treloar 27 Aug 2014

Okay, it was a bad one to take, but not terrible:

"FDA Category D
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks." https://www.drugs.com/pregnancy-categories.html#catd

However, the fetus at 26 weeks is fully formed with a brain, eyes, fingers, toes, fingernails but with some lung development to go and size to gain (finishing touches). I would seriously doubt that you have caused harm at this stage with just one capsule. During the first trimester it could have been potentially bad; albeit unlikely even then.

Happy motherhood too you in ~3 months, Steve. :)

sveta1987 27 Aug 2014

Thank you steve...