... operated and biopsied with diagnosis: Infra-umbilical abdominal wall tissue, excision biopsy:

Morphological and immunohistchemical features are consistent with Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans.

DFSP is considered as a low grade malignancy, which needs to be completely excisd with wide margins. The margins of excision in this case cannot be commented upon because of the fragmented nature of the specimen. Clinical correlation is advised.

On Dec. 7, my abdomen and Pelvis was CT scanned, the IMPRESSION reads as:

Subcutaneous soft tissue nodular infiltration in the fat identified in infraumbilical location in keeping with history of biopsy-proven DFSP. No infiltration of invasion of rectus sheath seen. No metastatic nodule is identified within the abdomen and visualised lungs. Clinical correlation is recommended.

On Dec.9, on the advice of Oncologist I was chest scanned with contrast. The IMPRESSION reads as:

No definite evidence of metastatic deposit in lungs, liver and visualised bones. No significant lymphadenopathy seen.

On Dec. 10, I was again operated and a larger fibrofatty tissue piece 10 x 5.5 x 3 cm was removed for biopsy.

The biopsy report DIAGNOSED: Infraumblical cataneous and soft tissue, wide local excision:

1- There is no evidence of residual tumour in the multiple sections examined.

2- Extensive fat necrosis, granulation tissue formation and foreign body giant cell reaction; features are compatible with previous surgical intervention.

3- All of the margins of excision are unremarkable.

4- Skin shows scarring, otherwise unremarkable. Note: Previous surgical pathology slides have also been reviewed.
Should I be satisfied with these reports or go for further investigations and radiotherapy