Can you take more than one Esgic a day if the first pill doesn't get rid of the migraine?

Marvell 17 Nov 2009

Yes, you can.

Adults—One or 2 capsules or tablets every four hours as needed. If your medicine contains 325 or 500 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen in each capsule or tablet, you should not take more than six capsules or tablets a day. If your medicine contains 650 mg of acetaminophen in each capsule or tablet, you should not take more than four capsules or tablets a day.

https://www.drugs.com/cons/esgic.html

sml1read 6 Jan 2010

My prescription says 1 tablet every 4 -6 hrs; I have been using Esgic Plus for over 15 years; I actually take 2 tablets at a time to get rid of a headache as soon as the headache starts. YES you can take an additional pill; check with your pharmacist and make sure your prescription has less than 750 mg. of acetomeniphen (tylenol); Esgic has 325 mg., Esgic Plus usually has 500 mg. which is the same as Extra Strength Tylenol.
Note: This Medication DOES interfere with Birth Control Pills; I have a 15 yr. old daughter to prove it!

alexisglover 30 Oct 2012

Yes you can sometimes I have to take two at the same time.