Can you stop using Vivelle-Dot at any time?

Marvell 21 Jan 2010

Yes, you can stop using Vivelle-Dot at any time but your previous symptoms may resurface. Before stopping though I would recommend that you discuss it with your doctor.

sherrymalice 25 Jan 2010

I have been on the vivelle dot patch for about a year and a half and I want to stop using it. Should I cut the patches in half and taper off or can I just quit it all at once? I realize that the previous symptoms may come back.

Marvell 26 Jan 2010

You can either taper down the dose or just stop using it - it won't matter too much.

Pattichezek 7 Jul 2010

Doc has strongly suggest I stop the Vivelle-Dot patch. After off for 5 days I started experiencing snight heat wave and really bad dreams. I am waking up 2 and 3 times a night. Frustration and depression too. Anyone else? I put a patch back on last night to see if it helps. Is this mental or real?