Can you stop taking the medication exforge all at once, or do you have to be tapered off of it?

itsmetoo2 6 Mar 2010

I found your question on the net and this is what it said:

Can I stop taking EXFORGE if I feel better or if I get to my blood pressure goal?
No. Continue taking EXFORGE as directed by your physician. Some people stop taking their hypertension medication because they feel better and mistakenly believe that they no longer need the medication. Some stop because their blood pressure returns to normal with treatment and they mistakenly believe that they are "cured". Others stop taking their medication because they believe that it makes them feel worse or that it is too expensive.

Although there is no cure for hypertension, hypertension can be managed with medication. If you experience side effects from your medication or have other difficulties taking it as prescribed, contact your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the issue
http://www.exforge.com/info/answers/faqs/exforge-qa.jsp?usertrack.filter_applied=true&NovaId=2935376848932805947

I do agree with this statement, that you need to discuss this with your doctor first before comming off this drug.