Can you still get sick while on Suboxone? I have been on it for 2.5 months and haven't yet felt ill?

kimmie1 14 Dec 2009

I think (not sure cause I've never used it) that it is a narcotic. Some people use Suboxone to get off other things and then get hooked on Suboxone. But, since I am not expert on this subject you might ask Dave. He is my go to guy when I need a question answered and I trust him. His web name is mpvt.
But in my opinion, you probably won't get sick on suboxone. Were you using it to get off something and you were waiting to get sick before the suboxone took affect? Maybe I mis-understood your question. Anyway, I hope this helped... kimmie1

mpvt 14 Dec 2009

If you're talking about getting dope sick it won't happen because buprenorphene (suboxone) is a partial agonist opiate that is 400 times stronger then morphine. So if you are on a stable dose and you are doing OK then you don't have anything to worry about.

If you mean why haven't I gotten ill like a cold ect it's probably because you're not abusing and living the addicts lifestyle anymore. We eat better, sleep better, go to work or school ect. So we are living normal lives and most healthy people don't get ill like active addicts do... Hope this helps... Dave