Can you mix zoloft w/coffee?

suzanne66 15 Mar 2011

Yes, you can drink coffee while taking Zoloft. It will not affect the Zoloft.
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=450-0,2057-1348

sweetie pie 17 Mar 2011

Hello sadieis3! That is a very good question! You see many different opinions by experts in the psychiatric field of medicine. One states that it can elevate serum caffeine levels which could result in caffeine intoxification. Another states to use with precaution because it may increase CNS stimulas effects. They are both correct. After reviewing some psychiatric literture and talking with some professionals in the mental health field, it is clear to me that one needs to reduce the use of caffeine in their diet. The average American drinks three 8 oz cups of coffee a day. But there are many people who drink much more in a day. It is recommended to limit your use of caffeine while on any psychiatric medication. I personally have been drinking tea my whole life. I usually drink one to two glasses a day.

sarahtab1 3 May 2011

I drink a pepsi max every day and it really helps with groggyness. been doing that for 4 months and have had no negative side effects