Can you have sex or have an orgasm after a hysterectomy?

LaurieShay 2 Oct 2011

Hey MarineGunner,

Yes, once you have healed from the surgery, removal of the uterus does not prevent you from having sex nor does it prevent you from having an orgasm. To read more about this topic go to:

http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/sex-after-a-hysterectomy.html

Best wishes,

Laurie

smileyhappy 3 Oct 2011

Hi Marine,

Yes, of course. That does not prevent you to do anything except have children. Good luck!

Jillynnie 3 Oct 2011

Marine,
Yes, you can have both. Due to your name, are you the husband? I only ask because I was going to share some personal info regarding this, but don't want to blast it online. If this IS you that had the hysterectomy you can pq me and I can share some things that I experienced after my surgery.

Best to you!
~Jillynnie

Anonymous 3 Oct 2011

Jilly, I think that a good idea to pq and give a little more info and what you went thur. Von

Anonymous 3 Oct 2011

If they leave the ovaries you are good to go! If not be sure to buy some lube & you are good to go...

SandraLHoutz 13 Jul 2012

Yes, Yes, and Yes ... best thing I ever did was get the uterus and the one bad ovary removed ... I used to have periods for 10 days on and maybe 14 off ... really heavy, couldn't leave the house etc. So much better without the uterus :)

I'm assuming you are referring to clitoral orgasms ... or are you talking about vaginal? If it's the vaginal variety I can't give you any answers as I have never been able to that way ...