Can you get pregnant while taking warfarin?

Rajive Goel 5 Jul 2011

No, I answered your question earlier too.

DzooBaby 5 Jul 2011

I answered your other question as well. You DO NOT want to become pregnant while taking warfarin. It is life threatening to both mother and fetus! If you are sexually active and taking warfarin, you need to be on birth control! Warfarin is NOT birth control. It WILL NOT prevent pregnancy! Please talk to your Dr who prescribes the warfarin and let him know you are sexually active so you can be prescribed some kind of birth control. I would not rely on condoms only. There is too large a risk factor using condoms only. You will probably want another form of birth control in addition to condoms. If condoms are the only means available to you, then by all means use them, it is better than nothing. The BEST thing to do would be to abstain from sex while you are on the warfarin. It is the most reliable form of birth control (abstinance).

DzooBaby 5 Jul 2011

So, can you get pregnant while taking warfarin?-YES! SHOULD you get pregnant on warfarin?-NO!!! Absolutely not!

fairymagic 5 Jul 2011

thank you so much this helps alot!

fairymagic 5 Jul 2011

and i know warfarin is not a birth control.

DzooBaby 6 Jul 2011

Good! I'm very glad I was able to help! Google warfarin and read all you can about it if you are taking it. It can be a very complex drug!

fairymagic 6 Jul 2011

I really can't thank you enough. I take warfarin everyday for the rest of my life. And ummm I have another question... I had heart surgery for a valve replacement and while I was in thehospital I had a "blind spot" and we went to a doctor to see what was wrong because they staeyed happening more often and I had a head ache after like a migraine and it keeps happening and my doctors have so idea what it wrong... do you have any suggestions of what could be wrong? And can listerine kill sperm?