Can you get a flu shot while on Gilenya?

litlmommag 30 Sep 2011

I wish I could answer I really don't knw s I would call the pharmisist they should have n problem with this question.I wish you well jaime{litlmommag

cwgrlcarri 30 Sep 2011

My Doctor told me to get the two chicken pox shots because I am an adult that has never had the chickenpox. You get the first shot while not taking the gilenya pill wait a month then get the other shot then wait another month then start your pills again. Its a long process but if your like me your really bruised from all the shots for the last 5yrs. Your doctor should know about this. I was told by mine that if you get the chickenpox while on gilyena you could die if you haven't been treated with the vaccination. Ofcourse, you should talk to your doctor. I hope this helps :)

carpassia 30 Sep 2011

My Dr told me no vaccines of any kind because of the MS not the meds.MS reduces your immune system.