Can you fill a prescription in Georgia if you get it in florida?

christineATU 5 Feb 2011

With the proper identification you should be able to fill the prescription. You might want to call the Georgia pharmacy ahead of time to make sure there isn't a problem.

best wishes,
chris

caringsonbj 5 Feb 2011

you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble if you talk with the pharmacy ahead of time and find out if there is anything other than a picture ID or drivers liscense that you need? You will be saving yourself a lot of time and aggrivation, I hope this is of help toy you

LaurieShay 5 Feb 2011

As long as it is a current prescription, do you have the original or only the bottle? Most pharmacies are linked by the internet now so you should be alright. Try to use the same pharmacy company in GA that you used in FL and they will have the records for sure.

Good luck,

Laurie

christineATU 5 Feb 2011

Good idea! I know all the Walgreen's are linked worldwide. All it takes is a quick phone call though. That way you know for sure.

IhearttheOcean 13 Feb 2011

Yes, Ive filled prescriptions in Maryland from Pa and vice versa. They never seemed to care. I live right by the border so I guess they probably see that a lot around here. As long as you are close, I dont think they would care.