Can you drink alcohol while on phentermine?

LARinNEPA 18 Dec 2009

This is deffinately a NO! Especially if you are going to drive!

I am sorta a regular drinker - I have always had a gin and tonic or rather a double gin and tonic or two, lol, a couple nights a week.

This was my expierence: After being on phentermine 37.5 for a week - I decided to have my usual drink on a Saturday night - I was deffinately not going to be driving - GOOD THING I WASN'T - I drank it the usual way sipping as desired.

The next day my son asked me if I was upset about something last night and been drinking all night - he said when he came home I was sleeping on the couch ( I never do this ), and when he finally got me awake I was sluring my speech, looked smashed and staggering!!! Don't remember moving from my recliner to the couch! That was 2 shots of gin in a 12oz glass mixed with tonic! Just One Drink! I checked my gin bottle on Sunday afternoon - I had only made the one drink.

It is just my opinion, but I have not had another one since and deffinately DO NOT RECCOMEND DRINKING while taking this med!