Can xylocaine jelly be used for fibromyalgia?

midwestma 12 Jun 2010

I've never used a xylocaine Jelly, however, I have been using a Lidocaine patch, it's about 4x4 in size and you wear it for about 24 hours and off 12, and then you can put a new one on. Depending on how your doctor prescribes it for you.Depending on what muscles are giving me the most pain, is where I apply the patch, and it works very well, short of putting them all over my entire body that is, and I do have days I feel like that with this Fibromyalgia, not practical tho' lol, It will give you the same relief I believe you're looking for with the xylocaine jelly, however this will give you a continued release of the medication that you do not need to continue to re-apply. I hope this helps you. Good Luck<

jannyjo1 12 Jun 2010

Thank you for the tip. I do have the patch and have tried them, but am a little leary of wearing them as for I have heard and read about some bad side effects, some even causing death. (Don't mean to scare you) When I did wear them, I actually cut them down to fit on my elbows. That is where most of my pain has been.
I love using the gel but I also just read some bad reports on that as well. I guess no matter what you take or wear, medication wise - there is always something to scare you. :( So, now I am just trying to figure out what to do for instant pain relief.
My doctor prescribed Savella and that seems to be working - the only side effect that is really bothering me is the hot flashes. I feel as if I am on fire.
Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend!