Can xanax, flexiril and mobic be fatal?

Rajive Goel 3 Dec 2010

The interactions between the meds reported are:

Applies to: Xanax (alprazolam), Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

However, it would be best to talk to your doc/pharmacist who prescribed the meds., for more info.

Please take care, be well & safe!

christineATU 3 Dec 2010

All CNS medications need to be closely monitored.

rdlipstk 3 Dec 2010

I would like it to be fatal - how much of a dose will do that - i am 5'4" and weigh 130 lbs. I have taken xanax for bipolarism and severe anxiety. any help you give me would be considered humane

christineATU 3 Dec 2010

Please talk with someone who can help you. You sound very depressed. I urge you to join this discussion group and participate. There is always hope and a way out of whatever it is that is hurting you so badly. Suicide is not the answer. Please do not take this medication. Talk with someone and please make an appointment with your doctor asap.

Stay strong and fight this!
chris

rdlipstk 3 Dec 2010

Thank you for your concern, but the story goes back a long time and I am 36 yo my children are older (I got started early) I am severlyy bipolar and when I was diagnosed and started the meds it caused me to lose my job (i love working) now I live in my old hometown and if I were to talk to someone it would be at the walmart before i got out of the parking lot. besides I hace given this many years of thought but I have always hung in there bc i didnt want to hurt or embarass my family. My family and I have recently had a spilt and none are speaking to me one of those family memeberws is the daughter that I had when I was 16 and sacraficed everything for (i have an iq of about 127) {excuse the spelling - i just dont care anymore) who is also pregnant with my first grandchild is on that saide of the fence. So you see all of the things that i held on for are gone. Even my husband wanted to leave last night.

christineATU 3 Dec 2010

Families have issues all the time! With a little work and understanding, THIS can be worked out too. I can't begin to tell you the crap I went through, the drama, misunderstandings, religious views tearing people apart, addictions, alcohol abuse, fighting, financial collapse, you name it, it seems I've been there too. Much of it is still is going on right now. But no reason to take yourself away from your future grand child! My Lord, my first grand daughter (I married at 16 and started early too) has literally saved my life. I live for that child. You can't do that to yourself and your family. So much heartache would be left behind, guilt, wishing they had done something differently. Please reconsider and work this out. There is an answer for you. It's worth the battle for your life, isn't it?

rdlipstk 4 Dec 2010

i understand that other families have their issues and that mine is no different or any more vicious than any other. The only difference is i am always the target and i am tired of being their whipping post for everything. Just an inkling. My older sister i married to my ex husband and my mother and father consider my daughter their fifth child. This has been going on too long for me and I have given up. I used to tell myself all of those things, but what you dont understand is that they will keep me from that baby me at all cost the same way that they have always interfered with my child. I have been looking to move and try to find work somewhere else, but my husband made a decision to stay in this town and the job that he took is management which means that we will be in this town for a long time. This is a very small town and no one's business is safe o everytime I go into public you can feel the stares.

christineATU 4 Dec 2010

You need to stand up to your parents and tell them enough. You're a grown woman who has so much heartache right now. You said therapy DID help you. Work on that part of it. Regardless of whether or not your family thinks there's a problem, or even blames you for all the problems, you know deep down this is not the way to deal with this. You have to start believing there is hope. My life hasn't been a walk in the park either! But in all good conscience, I could never advise anyone about over dosing on medication. Please keep posting and talk this over with your therapist. Even if your family doesn't want to be involved, you can learn techniques on how to deal with this and help yourself get through these feelings. Take it one day at a time. Never stop believing there is a solution. I am begging you to please, please talk with your therapist at least one more time and tell them exactly what this is doing to you.

Be strong!!
chris

rdlipstk 4 Dec 2010

I did stand up to them and this is what happened.

Anonymous 4 Dec 2010

Hi,
Perhaps you are on the wrong meds for your condition.
There is always hope. Please do NOT end your life, think of the people that love you, and the ones you love. Their hurt will be devastating.
Go to the ER if you are horribly depressed !!!
Best wishes to you,
sweetlmeon