Can Welchol be taken when taking Plavex?

marjorie zych 1 May 2010

I would suggest taking these two meds at least four hours apart. The Welchol
can prevent the Plavix from working right. Does your doctor who gave you the Welchol know you are on the Plavix? I am also on cholesterol meds and blood thinners and that is what I was told. I guess there is something in the cholesterol meds that don't allow certain other meds to work right if you take them together. You can obviously take them together in the same day but try to keep your other meds four hours apart from the Welchol if you can. Hope this helps you. Good luck

Marvell 2 May 2010

Yes, you can take Welchol while taking Plavix. There doesn't appear to be any known interactions between these medicines. However, it does not mean that no interactions exist so if you do experience any odd symptoms please see your doctor.