I have been experiencing a sinus infection that started mid March. In an effort to alleviate the sinus drainage, I used over-the-counter antihistamines. I also used a NeilMed Sinus Rinse Product around the end of March, since then I continue to smell and taste the nasal the solution mixture. It is so strong that I have a salty taste in my mouth. Is it possible some of the Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate did not completely drain out of my nasal cavity? I have been experiencing extreme headaches and in three-doctor visit this month, my blood pressure has been elevated. In fact, on Tuesday, April 27, 2010, I woke up with a blood pressure of 154/104. The lowest my blood pressure reached that day was 128/102. At one point in the day, I was just sitting at my desk and it shot up to 148/103. My blood pressure stayed, so high my doctor put on medication that very day. I am a person who does not eat a lot of salt, have never experienced any blood pressure issues a day in my life until this month and I weigh 130 pounds.
If it is possible some of the solution has become lodge in my nasal cavity, can you give me any suggestions on what I should do?