Can the effectiveness of EMSAM wane?

suzanne66 17 Jun 2010

If you are feeling that you are not getting the same benefits as you did when you first started using Emsam then you should see your doctor.

Tolerance potential of Emsam has not been studied.

Anonymous 24 Oct 2012

I used the Emsam patch for approx. two years. I believe I was born depressed and, in 60 years of living, I've taken just about every AD including ECT.
As usual, Emsam was a godsend for two years and then, one day, BAM! it stopped working. (I suppose I was fortunate that it happened so fast; otherwise my descent into the Black could have taken an agonizing long time.) I was so disappointed Emsam stopped helping me, as I'm sure you must be; I'm so sorry.
This happened six years ago and I've yet to find a replacement for Emsam. I've tried four or five ADs since then but no luck yet. Today I am starting Prestique. If that doesn't help, my doctor will add Abilify to it in a month.

I see by the date you wrote this in 2010. Best wishes to you; I hope you found something else by now that is helping you.