Testicular pains, pus, and painful urination may be due to a chalmydial + gonorrheal STI.
Treatment for such an infection is as follows:
1. Doxycycline (a type of tetracycline) is the preferred antibiotic for the chlamydia portion of the infection.
2. Cephalosporins are used to treat the gonorrhea portion
3. Tylenol and Ibuprofen may be used to manage the testicular pain
4. Referral of sexual partners to doctor is required
Other causes of your symptoms include: testicular abscess; testicular twisting. See your doctor.
Hope that helps!
- Tetracycline Information for Consumers
- Tetracycline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Tetracycline (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 24 Jun 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 18 Dec 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Feb 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Jun 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 7 Sep 2016 • 1 answerFAQ by Drugs.com