Skip to Content

Can tetracycline treat testicular pains, pus and painful urination?

Responses (1)

pharmasight 14 Nov 2010

Testicular pains, pus, and painful urination may be due to a chalmydial + gonorrheal STI.

Treatment for such an infection is as follows:
1. Doxycycline (a type of tetracycline) is the preferred antibiotic for the chlamydia portion of the infection.
2. Cephalosporins are used to treat the gonorrhea portion
3. Tylenol and Ibuprofen may be used to manage the testicular pain
4. Referral of sexual partners to doctor is required

Other causes of your symptoms include: testicular abscess; testicular twisting. See your doctor.

Hope that helps! free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions