Can ranitidine cause a false positive result for methamphetamines in a urine sample?

Yes, ranitidine is known to cause a false positive for amphetamines. If you have taken ranitidine be sure to tell the personnel taking the test.

jeffwade75 5 Aug 2011

ive been off meth over 90 days now i take ranitine and a few days ago i went in the hosptial for acute kiddney failure and dehidration and over heating and the they said they found meth in my system i dont weather it was blood test or urine sample but now my po thinks im done some and i havent so how do i prove that it was still in my sytem or it was the ranitidine