Can oxcodone be used for a antidepresion and anxiety releiver?

LaurieShay 28 Apr 2011

Hey leoconnorii,

This is not a medication that should be used for treating depression or anxiety. There are medications that are much better for these conditions. The potential for abuse when using oxycodone for depression and anxiety is very high and therefore should not be used.

You might investigate the medications Paxil or Zoloft for these conditions. Of course, this requires a doctor's prescription.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Prescribed 21 May 2011

Whatever you do don't take paxil I was on it for 6years but even after I stopped taking it I had uncontrolable shaking. I was 18 but I looked like a 60 year old woman with parkensons. I experienced long term side effects from it. In my experience it was not a good thing. Just do your research doctors seem to be writing a prescription instead of researching everything else before forcing a pill down your throat.

Prescribed 21 May 2011