Can other antidepressants be given with cymbalta?

Anonymous 21 Sep 2010

I strongly advice you to ask your doctor. The answer , must be given by your doctor, only he / she know your history and the interactions the other anti depressant might have with cymbalta, so the benefits vs. the risks have to be outweighed by a professional. This is for your own personal safety.-

Take care.-

DaniGan 22 Sep 2010

Dear amykuyk- While your doctor is the one to really answer this question, I can tell you that I have successfully taken cymbalta for fibromyalgia along with zoloft as an anti-depressent successfully for a couple years now. Good luck.

ElizaJane23 22 Sep 2010

Once again, only your doctor can answer this question for you. I do know that I took Trazodone along with Cymbalta, and it worked ok for me. There definitely are risks with using different anti-depressants, it just depends on what neurotransmitters each of them effects in your brain, what other meds you are on, etc.