Can nightmares be a symptom of disorganized Schizophrenia?

Jandelles 18 Aug 2009

I've read that sleep disturbances (like insomnia or excessive sleeping) can be a symptom but I don't see anything that mentions nightmares in particular.

rcszigeti 18 Aug 2009

when I was taking Seroquel for supposed Schizophrenia I had nightmares frequently and would wake up at night screaming.

hertsandbucks 10 Dec 2009

i have a friend who suffers from scizophrenia, and i know that they told me about some very bad nightmares, really scary ones, Do not know if its caused by meds or the actual illness. This person used to need to have her boyfriend to be there so that if a nightmare woke her she has someone to help her and talk to, because the nightmares seemed so real. I would suggest seeking advice from a GP, to see if there is any thing in the way of meds can be given to help sleep and avoid nightmares.