Can I use Xopenex while pregnant?

Rajive Goel 24 Apr 2010

Please read the link for more details on this medication: https://www.drugs.com/xopenex.html
However, "This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk. Breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding. "

24yr old mom of 3 24 Apr 2010

i looked in my medical dictionary and i cant find that med. u can look on www.drugs.com and it will tell u some things about it and its safety and sometimes says the risks of the medicine if there are any. i took terbutaline for contractions when i was pregnant bcuz the doctor wanted to stop my preterm labor and said there were no long term effects on the baby and there is. my son is almost 5 and has the ddevelopment of a 2yr old,has speech problems,and has been diagnosed as mildly retarded. he had dna test and its not in his dna and his chromosomes are normal. our next step is an mri of his brain to see if he sufferd brain dammage, which is another affect of the medicine i took. i would look the medicine up just to be safe because you dont want to put your baby in danger no mom wants to do that. had the doctor told me the risks to my son i wouldof never taken the med. they told me there were no long term affects and they lied and i found out 4 yrs later by googling the medicine. it took me so long because his symtoms were not noticeable till he reached 3 and when he didnt progress in his learning with his speech therapist i got more concernd and looked up tthis med and also bcuz i just got the internet and im now getting a claim evaluation to see if i have a strong enough case to sue the medical company and maybe the doctor for malpractice. terbutaline is only approved for asthma use and not pregnancy and they still use it. they had me on it for 9 weeks and its not supposed to be used for longer then 72 hours so they can give steroids to develop the babys lungs.well i got this info from googling terbutaline lawyers. thats y i have this opinion of the med. sorry this is so long im just trying to say how important it is to look medicine up your self before asking the doctors.