Can I use Pennsaid on my neck and back?

Anonymous 25 Oct 2010

I do not think you can as this medication is used to treat signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knees.-

I suggest you contact your Doctor / Pharmacist to see which product you can apply in the areas you mentioned.-

All the best and take care.-

dirtbikemike26 5 Jun 2011

I was given a sample by my pain management doctor for my neck. I was in a car accident and broke my neck in 3 places (C2, C3, and C7). I had surgery to fuse C2 and C3 together and now I have developed severe arthritis mostly at C7 level. I have been reluctant to use this medicine because everything I have read was about knees. I will post back if I decide to try it.

HB Ellen 18 Jan 2012

Absolutely! After enduring unremitting severe neck pain for over a year Pennsaid is the only thing that alleviated the pain after a facet block, epidural, an occipital nerve block, scalene block, PT, vicodin, acupuncture and chiropractic failed. Ten drops applied 4 times a day to the affected area has given me my life ( and my tennis) back. (It was prescribed by a pain management M.D.)