Can I use Doxazosin instead of Flomax? Which is more effective?

Marvell 18 Jan 2010

Only use what your doctor has prescribed. If you wish to change please discuss it with your doctor first.

bill31328 13 Mar 2010

Doxazosin is a potential alternative to Flomax at a small fraction of the cost. Both are prescription drugs, so you'll need to work with your doctor, who should want to monitor your blood pressure and start you at the minimum dose of 1mg/day. I'm not a doctor, but a patient, and I'm several days into that very transition. I see a slight lowering of blood pressure, which so far is very acceptable. The urinary symptoms so far are at least as well controlled as with Flomax for me. I learned about this at http://blogs.consumerreports.org/health/2009/06/say-no-to-flomax-and-save-up-to-3000-a-year-try-doxazosin-for-enlarged-prostate-best-buy-drugs.html