Can I take morphine 60mg and valium together?

Anonymous 18 Sep 2009

Pain meds can suppress breathing and if you add a valium to that, it can lead to death. If the same doctor prescibed both of them, then it is ok, but, as a general rule, it shouldn't be done. You also shouldn't drink alcohol on either one for the same reason.

yager682 24 Sep 2009

Thank you. I was only wondering cause I was on 200mg of morphine and 2 5mg oxycodone, but I had run out of the 200mg and was in alot of pain and kinda had withdrawl symptoms also. I hadn't had the 200mg in 2-3 days. Only had 60mg of morphine and the oxycodone left and them together didnt really treat the pain. Didnt know if a valium would make a difference or not mixed with morphine. So yea the possibility of death is a good reason not to take them together I would say. Thank you again for answering my ?