Can I take advil while takeing clariton?

Anonymous 22 Dec 2010

Can you please clarify just to be 100% certain, with all due respect that the medication you are referring to is Claritin and not clariton which can not be found?

I will go ahead anyway and give you an interaction check :

Interactions between your selected drugs
No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with
Advil (ibuprofen) interacts with more than 200 other drugs.
Claritin (loratadine) interacts with more than 40 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food
loratadine ↔ food
Applies to: Claritin (loratadine)

Theoretically, grapefruit juice may increase the plasma concentrations of loratadine as it does other drugs that are substrates of the CYP450 3A4 enzymatic pathway. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of CYP450 3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism in the gut wall by certain compounds present in grapefruits. The clinical significance of this potential interaction is unknown. Reported interactions with potent CYP450 3A4 inhibitors like clarithromycin, erythromycin and ketoconazole have produced substantial increases in the area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) of loratadine and its active metabolite, descarboethoxyloratadine, without associated changes in the overall safety profile of the drug.

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1310-782,1486-898

I hope I have been helpful.

All the best and take care.-