Can I take a weight loss medicine while I am on blood pressure medicine? I take Amlodipine?

Anonymous 16 Jan 2011

Can you please be very specific and give the name of the weight loss medicine?

This is so we can do an interaction check for you inf the weight loss medicine is in the data base:-

Thank you.-

jnnmangum 16 Jan 2011

I had taken Phentermine before and It worked well for me.

Anonymous 16 Jan 2011

Hi again,

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

amlodipine interacts with more than 200 other drugs.
phentermine interacts with more than 70 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

amlodipine ↔ food
Applies to: amlodipine
The consumption of grapefruit juice may slightly increase plasma concentrations of amlodipine. The mechanism is inhibition of CYP450 3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism in the gut wall by certain compounds present in grapefruits. Data have been conflicting and the clinical significance is unknown. Monitoring for calcium channel blocker adverse effects (e.g., headache, hypotension, syncope, tachycardia, edema) is recommended.

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=172-0,1851-0

Take care.-

jnnmangum 16 Jan 2011

Thanks! That helps a lot

caringsonbj 16 Jan 2011

this is to let you know that I care I am not for sure a lot of these have interactions and unless your history is known along with them then I could lead you down the wrong path I always want to give you answers but always be safe when I do

christineATU 16 Jan 2011

That is very caring indeed! No one should ever give out medical advice without a medical license. Personal experiences and opinions are just that, opinions. They are meant to help others by sharing similar experiences. That's why all the responsible members, like you, Maso, and many others, always remind people to check with their doctors or pharmacists. Drugs.com has an excellent data base whose contributors are medical professionals. So when members quote directly from these sources, they can be assured they're getting accurate answers. It's also best, like Maso has done, to provide the link to support the information posted. Your input and concern is much appreciated!! :-)

Have a good night,
chris

mahammed 16 Mar 2012

No interation occure btween two drugs .for the weight control I advise to you to dcrease the faty food intakes ,increase intakes antioxidant reach food&reagulor exercise must be done