Can I stop taking nifedipine if my bp reading is normal now?

r.leslee 15 Jun 2010

the best thing to do is to see your doctor. your blood pressure may be reading normal but that's probly due to the medication. please don't gamble with your health and risk having a stroke or heart attack. hope this was helpful. best of luck

Rajive Goel 15 Jun 2010

Rightly answered, I stopped my pressure meds & paid a heavy price, landed up with a stroke, please do seek medical advice before you stop to take pressure meds. High or low blood pressure is a equally bad.

caligirl2001 15 Jun 2010

Your blood pressure is normal because you are taking your medication as directed. A normal reading is the goal of the medication. The only way you should ever stop taking your medication is at your doctor's direction.

Anonymous 16 Jul 2010

Not a good idea this is probably whats controlling your BP and keeping it under control soon as you get off it, it might drop quick so no do not DC unless a doc advises you to.